Job opportunitiesAll vacancies
Medical Advisor (Women's Healthcare)
In line with overall product strategies the Medical Advisor is responsible for co-leading the design, implementation and execution of Medical Affairs plans for assigned therapy areas in women’s health, providing scientific information, building educational dialogue with KOLs and key healthcare system (HCS) stakeholders. The incumbent has a pivotal contribution co- driving brand team strategy in the respective TA, keeping the focus on assigned assets in order to serve patients and physicians in need.
Disease area leadership
- Support country medical affairs strategy in line with the global strategy, country insights and market conditions, & secure implementation of planned activities within the designated therapy areas.
- Demonstrates good understanding analysis of medical and clinical dynamics and the impact on the evolution of therapeutic areas.
- Contributes to clinical strategy during the brand life cycle / disease area.
- Active contribution behavior with other internal colleagues adding value with supportive initiatives and synergies.
- Performs critical appraisal of scientific data and contributes to publication plans.
- Ensure medical insights are provided to cross functional groups, including, but not restricted to: GDD, Regulatory affairs, Market Access, QA, Commercial teams, Brand team and others.
Evidence generation & education
- Supports the process of building the evidence generation plan and assesses the future needs in close collaboration with the medical evidence team and medical excellence.
- Ability to identify and act on insights, relevant to launch readiness and life cycle maximization, analyze and share them timely and appropriately, to impact the strategy accordingly.
- Supports creation of implementation science plans
- Collaborateswithinternaland external stakeholders to develop impactful medical education plans and projects, inspire, influence, and educate on the importance of the clinical context.
Healthcare system & stakeholder management
- Awareness of HealthCare System's dynamics and the impact on the respective therapeutic area of responsibility
- Able to identify Medical Expert and HCS decision maker’s needs and opportunities to co-create strategy and engage.
- Awareness of regulatory and Market Access fundamentals
- Ability to recognize and evaluate the Health Care System landscape.
- Involved in the
accurate assessment of MAP requests in GEMS (if MD) as well as on the communication with the respective physician.
- Includes a Health Care System's perspective and future trends into projects and planning.
Leadership & culture
- Self-awareness with minimal input from others and proactively seeks growth opportunities
- Positive to change, flexible and adapts to changes with agility
- Ability to use digital and technology solutions relevant to their role and pursue new opportunities or maximize existing ones, in order to maximize business potential
- Collaborative mindset
- Curious about new developments and initiatives in therapy area
- Applies new concepts to address existing problems
- Learns quickly when facing new situations
- Capable of self-directed learning and having a growth mindset
- Good knowledge of TA-related disease area and Medical Affairs, ideally field experience
- Solid understanding of evidence generation and educational strategies & eagerness to learn
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Able to adapt, organize, prioritize, and work effectively and collaboratively in cross-functional team
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Solid business mentality: including critical thinking to achieve objectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- Fluent in English, Dutch and French