Job opportunitiesAll vacancies
As Payroll and HR Specialist, you will play a critical role in managing and coordinating payroll operations for our client’s employees in Belgium and across the globe. You will collaborate closely with internal teams, external vendors, and international offices to ensure accurate payroll processing, compliance with relevant regulations, and exceptional employee experience.
- Process end-to-end payroll for employees based in Belgium, ensuring accurate calculation of salaries, taxes, and benefits.
- Manage payroll for staff in Portugal and other European countries.
- Stay up to date with the latest Belgian payroll regulations and global mobility policies to ensure compliance in payroll and HR operations.
- Manage and administer expatriate payroll, addressing complex international taxation and social security matters.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to process reconciliation.
- In collaboration with external payroll vendors, coordinate the payroll of remote employees abroad and proactively facilitate seamless processing.
- Act as back up of the payroll officers of the other entities (UK).
- Provide guidance to employees and management on payroll-related matters.
- Be in charge of mobility matters: work permits, work from abroad, employment of staff residing abroad.
- Collaborate with the team and participate in ad hoc HR local and international projects. We never get bored here!
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on payroll experience, with a strong focus on Belgium payroll.
- In-depth knowledge of Belgian payroll regulations and social security requirements.
- Familiarity with global mobility concepts, including expatriate taxation and cross-border employment.
- Proficiency in payroll software; experience with HRIS systems and the Cafeteria Plan is a plus.
Language and Skills
- Mandatory fluency in French and English, both oral and written. Dutch is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to handle complex payroll calculations and
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a multicultural
- Problem-solving mindset and a proactive approach to identifying and resolving payroll issues.
- We offer a collaborative and inclusive work culture, with a lot of independence and space for growth; therefore, support is always offered, but the ability to work autonomously is a must.