Job opportunitiesAll vacancies
Patient Safety Partner
We are looking for a collaborative, communicative and proactive individual to join our dynamic team. As a Patient Safety Partner (PtSP), you will have the opportunity to play an active role in shaping both the internal and external environment with the aim to improve the safe use of the company’s products and services. The PtSP role is the ideal role to have a broad exposure in the company, interacting with many different functions in order to collectively achieve their vision to achieve 3-5 times more benefit to patients at 50% less cost to society.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement with your peers, local and global stakeholders a local Patient Safety strategy.
- Build and maintain an effective pharmacovigilance management system (including the Local Pharmacovigilance System Master File) so the Belgium & Luxembourg affiliate complies with all the company’s global and national authorities’ requirements.
- Drive mindset and behaviors in the local company affiliate to advance pharmacovigilance customer centricity and value for patients.
- Play an active role in shaping the local safety regulatory environment in close collaboration with pharma industry associations, healthcare organizations, patients, and patient organizations.
- Co-create solutions and drive Safety partnerships with other affiliate and global functions to address customer safety needs in line with the wider affiliate priorities.
- Act as a proactive safety expert partner to the business teams in the context of patient-centric activities and projects.
- Act as a trusted point of contact for Global Safety, PtSPs from other countries, external parties, and local colleagues for safety expertise for the assigned Disease Area or Therapeutic Area.
- Scan the horizon for trends and opportunities to enable acceleration and scalability of Patient Safety initiatives and patient solutions.
- Play an active role in the proper execution of Individual Case Safety Reports, Signal Detection and Management for Local Products, Management of Aggregate Safety Reports, Pharmacovigilance Agreements, Safety Data Exchange Agreements, Risk Management and Safety Communication (e.g., Direct Healthcare Professional Communication, emerging safety issues), Studies, Programs and Other business activities with implications to patient safety and pharmacovigilance compliance.
- You are a hands-on team player who can also autonomously move projects and tasks forward. Your emotional intelligence combined with your communication skills enable you to achieve results in a constructive manner. You enjoy working in a diverse, multicultural, fast paced, networked environment and are eager to act as a catalyst for advancing the safety framework for the benefit of patients.
- You hold a scientific degree, demonstrate a deep understanding of pharmacovigilance and are passionate about patient safety.
- You are an organized individual who’s able to keep the oversight on competing priorities and can prioritize in service of the company objectives.
- Affiliate pharmacovigilance or medical function experience is a plus.
- You demonstrate an ability to design, implement, and maintain (local) pharmacovigilance processes and oversight systems that are straightforward, effective, and efficient.
- You demonstrate the ability to seek innovative solutions to difficult and/or persistent problems proactively with proven analytical and creative capabilities.
- You consistently demonstrate the ability to manage project related risks and implications/consequences.
- You have a good understanding of other functions & pharma business and an ability to work cross-functionally as well as navigate through complexity.
- You have a deep understanding of the local environment and proven abilities to develop important partnerships internally and externally, including influencing of, and negotiating with key personnel in an affiliate.
- You are a systems thinker with a strategic and customer centric mindset, critical thinking skills and outcome-based planning.
- You have a digital mindset to communicate, and to utilize resources and expertise from the network to fulfill local needs.
- You demonstrate agility (ability to flex and thrive in a dynamic environment undergoing transformational change).
- You are externally focused: proactively monitor the external landscape to understand and communicate trends, competitive activity, risks, and opportunities.