Job opportunitiesAll vacancies
Medical Science Liaison (Women's Health)
For an innovative pharmaceutical company specialized in gynecology, female health and infertility, we are looking for a Medical Science Liaison. The MSL (Medical Science Liaison) is a full-time medical position with mainly an external but also with an internal focus.
As Medical Science Liaison (MSL) you build relationships with key opinion leaders and provide critical windows of insight for the company into the market and competition. The MSL engages in scientific discussions with Health Care Professionals on current topics related to the company’s disease area, pipelines or products in in order to help physicians take better informed diagnoses and treatment decisions, to improve clinical practice and patient care, to identify new patient medical needs, … As MSL you act within the boundaries of local rules and regulations, as a liaison between Health Care Professionals (HCPs), Clinical and Scientific External Experts (EEs) and the pharmaceutical company. You will develop medical and scientific projects and contribute in the training of the sales teams, in collaboration with the medical manager. In your function, you will be an important business partner and work closely together with the internal colleagues beyond the medical team, in particular sales, marketing and regulatory affairs colleagues.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You act as external scientific resource manager. In a non-promotional context, you engage in in-depth discussions (on scientific product or disease area), and the exchange of detailed scientific data with external stakeholders
- You respond to unsolicited questions raised by health care professionals about unapproved products or out of label uses of approved products
- You develop relationships with external experts and HCPs within the Belux region
- You proactively exchange information on ongoing trials
- You provide guidance on which materials and data to use for scientific exchange on disease area related subjects and approved products
- You communicate scientific (product and indication) data
- You support both the external and internal teams and colleagues, from marketing, field force and Key Account Management
- You detect signals from external experts and translates these into opportunities/threats for the company
- You work in permanent collaboration and alignment with the Medical Manager
- You provide training of the sales teams in collaboration with the Medical Manager
- You are responsible for dedicated specialized products and/or indications within the medical team
- You manage specific medical projects, like study monitoring, development of scientific materials, etc.
- You will report directly to the Medical Manager and with whom you will work closely together.
WHAT THE COMPANY OFFERS
A job in a dynamic work environment with a competitive remuneration package according to your experience.
- You have a medical or scientific master degree, preferably with a PhD, in biomedical sciences, medicine, pharmacy, bioengineering, or similar
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably as MSL
- Experience in designated therapeutic area preferred –gynaecology therapeutic area; experience in fertility is also beneficial.
- You are patient and customer orientated
- You have strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- You have strong project management skills and are able to prioritize
- You are a team player and have strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- You are able to work independently within your area of responsibilities
- You have an eye for detail and have affinity with administration
- You are meticulous and quality-minded
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English
- You have advanced computer skills
- You own a driver's license B
- You are willing to travel regularly within the Benelux region