Job opportunitiesAll vacancies
Medical Advisor Hematology
For an international biopharmaceutical company that supplies the rapidly growing market for rare disease treatments, we’re searching for a Medical Advisor in Hematology.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Medical Lead Belux, overall purpose of the role is to drive strategic country medical activities in alignment with global initiatives and the Belux medical plan.
The Medical Advisor (MA) Hematology will deliver high quality medical and scientific communication externally as well as internally, aligned with the Medical Lead Belux and in line with defined plans. Together with the Medical Lead Belux and the commercial organization, the MA will define, initiate and follow-up all scientific and medical activities in Belgium and Luxemburg.
In close collaboration with the Medical Science Liaison (MSL), the MA will manage medical scientific stakeholders and create value for patients through medical and scientific stakeholder engagement, medical scientific projects, and scientific communications. He/she will initiate planned medical activities, including scientific presentations, discussion of clinical data and programs, presentation of value proposition concepts and educational programs. He/she will also provide local scientific training to the commercial organization and scientific input in promotional and educational materials.
He/she will provide scientific support to the field and office-based team in Belgium.
The job involves interactions and coordinating with the medical team, commercial team, patient access team, headquarters (HQ) personnel and various support functions (marketing, regulatory, drug safety, finance and supply).
- Creates and executes stakeholder engagement plans, in close collaboration with the medical and commercial field teams
- Identifies, develops and maintains collaborative relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs), scientific societies, patient advocacy groups and other key stakeholders
- Provides field insights and supports the affiliate cross-functional team in developing local brand strategy, medical tactics and budget
- Drives the execution the local medical action plan
- Contributes to and supports various cross-functional activities, locally and globally
- In coordination with the Medical Lead Belux: provides input into, implements and monitors the global medical action plan (strategic and operational)
- Provides input into allocated HQ led medical programs ahead of launch
- Contributes to providing local feedback to HQ when performing business development due diligence activities and competitor analysis
- Works with the local and HQ patient access colleagues and in coordination with the Medical Lead Belux to support local patient access, pricing and reimbursement
- Participates in relevant regional, national and international congresses and symposia to represent the company, interacting with appropriate stakeholders/customers
- Safeguards that the medical and scientific knowledge for the therapeutic area remains at the forefront of contemporary thinking; remains updated on therapeutic trends
- Organizes scientific advisory boards with appropriate key stakeholders
- Provides initial and continued medical training to local field teams
- Ensures medical scientific review and approval of local promotional and non-promotional materials
- Supports local company-sponsored clinical research activities, including phase 3 or 4 studies, as well as investigator sponsored studies and post-authorization safety studies
- Facilitates and manages compassionate use and/or medical need programs, if appropriate
- Coordinates the implementation and management of local patient support programs, if appropriate
- Validates team’s medical information and responds to medical enquiries from customers and colleagues
- Maintains the highest standards in handling adverse events and risk minimization activities
- Ensures ongoing completion of all required initial and ongoing training in local regulations and policies, and adherence to those regulations and policies
- MD (preferably) or PhD (or other relevant education)
- >5 Years of medical affairs experience from a pharma or biotech company
- Affinity with rare diseases and/or specialty care products highly preferred
- Existing strong engagement with the local hemato and/or hemato-oncology KOL network is a plus
- Experience in both pre-launch and launch activities
- Knowledge of health system and healthcare decision making, including regulatory, safety, legal and compliance environment
- Experience in patient access related projects highly desirable
- Multi-stakeholder project management and leadership experience, with demonstrated ability to deliver results on time and within budget
- Proven track record of leadership, effective communication and team-working ability
- Demonstrated scientific/medical reading, writing, presentation skills
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English (speak and write)
The role is likely to suit someone with an outgoing personality, who enjoys building things as part of a team and who is not afraid of the unknown. Ambiguity is a characteristic of a fast-growing organization and the successful candidate is likely to be someone who thrives on change and on the possibilities created by a changing environment.
Significant drive and enthusiasm should be a prominent part of your character
• Ability to work independently, while still maintaining a team and corporate approach to the function
• Ability to make effective prioritization in order to deliver business-critical items on time in a complex and fast-paced environment
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and maintain networks both externally as well as internally
• Structured and organized approach, in a flexible and adaptable spirit
• Highest levels of personal integrity, with a strong personal commitment to adhere to all rules, regulations, standard operating procedures and the values and ethics, compliance to rules and regulations
• A facility and ease in communicating in a scientific environment and with specialized audiences
• A strong team player, with demonstrated decision-making abilities
In addition, you must demonstrate behaviors in line with the company’s core values: Care, Ambition, Urgency, Ownership and Partnership.
The position will be based in Belgium.