Job opportunitiesAll vacancies
For a well-known technology, information, and media company, we’re searching for a Human Resources Officer. The company facilitates sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so they’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade. Their solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, they bring to their clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, they have teams in more than 7 countries and 9 key locations (Brussels, Paris, Hyères, London, Vienna, Dubai, Singapore, Houston, and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in their DNA!
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Human Resources Officer (Global People Officer) you are responsible for the administration and the logistics of the main activities of the People team in their mission to build an amazing employee experience, be a partner in business change, and continuously improve People practices aligned with the company’s mission and values. They have their own office in Belgium and private suites in coworking spaces at other locations.
This role is part of our international People team, reporting to the Head of People Partners and collaborating closely with the People Partners. The role is based in Brussels.
Your responsibilities include:
- You are responsible for the People data entering and quality control, all People administration activities, and logistics of our primary activities
- Enter and maintain accurately the data in the human resources information system (HRIS) and databases, assuring the information is available in a timely manner. Executing regular quality audits to ensure data is correct
- Monitor and update our People Hub (intranet) and closely work with colleagues in the team to get their input
- Draft and update all employment contracts, addenda, employment verification documents, letters, and templates
- Coordinate all onboarding and offboarding activities. This includes sending welcome emails to new joiners, scheduling onboarding sessions, executing the onboarding and offboarding checklist, etc.
- Manage and coordinate the organizational chart updates
- Monitor the logistics of our learning and development activities
- Participate in the broader People team projects
- Responsible for supporting the logistics of our Brussels office including preparing meeting rooms, filling stock, preparing logistics for the quarterly Board meetings, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, occupational science, business administration, or other relevant fields
- A first professional or educational experience in human resources or internship in a People function
- Fluent in English and Dutch. Knowledge of French is a plus
- Organized, proactive with attention to detail and a data-driven mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled in planning and managing priorities
- A can-do attitude and results-oriented
- Willing to invest in a positive and international working environment full of opportunities