Job opportunitiesAll vacancies
Drug Discovery Assay Development Leader
For a new dynamic biotech company, we’re searching for a Drug Discovery Assay Development Leader. The company aims to revolutionize drug discovery by exploring new target areas to develop innovative cancer therapies. We believe in creative thinking and opportunity-driven solutions to provide new clinical solutions for cancer patients. We seek for true leaders, perseverant and collaborative-minded personalities to challenge the unknown and crack the code to uncover new opportunities in drug discovery and patient care.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To develop the preclinical activities in the company, they are looking to fill the position of Drug Discovery Assay Development Leader.
This function will support the drug screening and optimization processes and products with the aim of providing treatment to unmet medical need in cancer. The Drug Discovery Assay Development Leader has the responsibility to develop and coordinate all bioassay activities throughout the preclinical phase and beyond.
This is a growth opportunity that combines the excitement and opportunity of a start-up biotech with an established network of international partners.
- Support to the Preclinical Development Phases by developing reliable potency assay matrix
- Build a strong Bioassay Development Team.
- Manage the delivery of analytical methodologies, validation, stability studies, tech transfer of methods from/to CROs according to business needs (e.g. quality and timelines).
- Ensure the provision of analytical troubleshooting expertise to internal/external (e.g. CRO) business partners.
- Actively contribute to regulatory submissions with internal/external (e.g. CROs) business partners.
- Foster state-of-the-art bioassay analytical skills set to meet and exceed industry standards with respect to science, quality standards and regulatory guidance.
- Support the business mission of the company becoming a Leader by innovating, implementing and, when appropriate, publishing innovative analytical methodologies.
- Influence and network beyond own team including externally (e.g. regulator through industry consortiums).
- Contribute to the systems management of environment and maintain requested certification.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biomedical Science, Medicinal Chemistry or equivalent.
- Strong experience in relevant bioassay analytical development experience in a pharma or biotech company or equivalent position.
- Extensive knowledge of scientific principles relevant to the development of reliable potency assay matrix.
- Experience with preparation of development reports and standard operating procedures.
- Experience with statistical approaches for assay development/validation and data analysis for biological assays.
- Very good command in English (both written and spoken).
- Proven Project/People Management & Leadership
- Interpersonal skills to communicate and maintain good working relationships within the team and with internal/external customers/partners.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple programs/projects in matrix environment.
- Well organized, flexible, meticulous and rigorous (data integrity oriented).
- Ability to direct the activities of analytical scientists to solve problems pertaining to development activities.